Thoughts about the things we take for granted,,,,
- Life humbles us as we age. We gradually realize how much nonsense we’ve wasted time on. And we gradually realize how precious the present truly is. Let this sink in today. The afternoon always understands what the morning never even suspected.
- Just keep reminding yourself that everyone you meet is a human being who dreams of something, fears something, loves someone, and has lost someone. And… just keep being kind.
- Too often we take for granted and “wait” away the vast majority of our lives. Truly, some people wait all day for 5pm, all week for Friday, all year for the holidays, all their lives for happiness. Don’t be one of them.
- You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night. You had a choice of what to wear today. You have access to clean drinking water. You have access to the internet. You can read. The secret to being grateful is no secret. You choose to be grateful for the little things, again and again.
- True purpose has no time limit. True purpose has no deadline. Don’t overwhelm yourself. Just do what you can right now. Remember that you can’t lift a thousand pounds all at once, yet you can easily lift one pound a thousand times. Small, repeated efforts will get you there.
The bottom line is, despite the real world challenges you face, the biggest and most complex obstacle you will have to personally overcome on a daily basis is your own mind.