The importance of energy.
I’ve been thinking about energy a lot lately and how important it is to protect your energy, how vital it is to seek out good energy, and how we HAVE TO make concise decisions to subscribe to things that “fill our energy cups”.
And I’m not speaking about physical energy here – although that does play a part – but more so, emotional energy… the thing you feel in your soul when you hear a song you love, or when you do something that you love, or spend time with someone you love.
I guess energy is love. And that’s why it is so damn important.
“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
So here are my thoughts on the importance of energy:
- Protect your energy. Have you ever sat in a room or been part of a conversation that absolutely drains you? I call these people energy vampires. One minute you’re on top of the world, throwing out air-high-fives and having the best time, and the next, you feel like you’re literally being drained of your life force. Step away friends.
- Manage your energy, not your time. This is a biggie… time is one thing but your level of energy in that time is another. Don’t mistake one for the other.
- Put toxic in the trash. I keep saying this but some people (and things) are absolutely toxic, and if you give them your energy, their toxicity will begin to seep into you. You will become as toxic as they are. Learn to see this. And then put it (and them) in the trash.
- Be kinder to yourself. Teach the voice in your head to be nicer to yourself. You are, after all, what you think. Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions. So love louder… especially yourself. Be kind to your own energy.
- Do things that fill your cup. Yes, this is something I learnt a while ago. When life gets too much and your energy is low, do things that you love. Spend time with people you love. Go take a nap if you have to. You cannot pour from an empty cup. Remember that.
And that’s it.
I hope you have the best day.