I love a good list.
And sometimes, we need to tick stuff off. So here’s a good one to save, print out and read every day.
- Trust your instincts – that feeling in your tummy is a real 6th sense.
- Follow your bliss. Do everything in your power to create happiness.
- Make plans but be open to change. Nothing is set in stone.
- Work hard. Play hard. I like to say, “Work like a Captain, Party like a Pirate”!
- Learn to let things go. This is a big one. Don’t hold on to things so hard. A teacher once told me that you cannot move into your future if you’re holding onto something from the past.
- Don’t be late. I’m working on this. The problem with being an optimist is that I think I can do it all in the time that is not given to me.
- Remember that fortune favours the brave. Do the things that scare you. Take risks. Jump in with all you have. Sometimes the first step to achieving a goal is taking that first step.
- Give certain people the boot. Throw toxic in the trash where it belongs. The reality is that if toxic people, things and situations were an ingestible substance, they would come with a high-powered warning and secure packaging to prevent any chance of accidental contact, but they don’t… so we have to be stronger and deal with toxicity head-on. You can’t pretend toxic away, or love it away, or eat it, drink it, smoke it, depress it or gamble it away. You can’t avoid the impact by being smaller, by crouching, or bending or flexing around it. But you can walk away from it – so far away that the most guided toxic-fuelled missile that is thrown at you… won’t find you.
- Carry an extra pen.
- Whenever given the opportunity, recalibrate the universe. People can only meet you as far as they have met themselves, and some people still have a very long road to go… like a really, really long highway kinda road. So your job is to let them go. And then make the journey easier for someone else. Restore the balance by doing something good for someone else!! Don’t let the cruel make you unkind, and don’t let the unkind make you cruel, rather take the bad and feed it with all the love and kindness. If you see someone falling behind, walk beside them. If someone is being ignored, find a way to include them. If someone has been knocked down, lift them up. Always remind people of their worth. That’s how we recalibrate the universe.
- If you need to run, try and run toward something.
- Find your key.
- Be organized – even if it’s a messy organised that only you understand.
- Stop doing things you hate.
- Be kinder than necessary, or needed! Because the truth is you never know what someone else is actually going through. Let that person into your lane in traffic. Learn your petrol attendant’s name. Speak to that colleague who looks a little sad and angry (even over another flipping zoom call). Phone that friend you haven’t spoken to in a while. Message a family member to let them know you love them or get hold of someone you know is battling. If anything, we could all use a little more kindness right about now. Make sure everyone you meet today leaves you feeling a little bit better about themselves. No one has ever made themselves stronger by showing how small someone else is. Don’t be the reason someone feels insecure today… be the reason someone feels seen, heard and supported by the entire universe. Spread the love wherever you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
- Never forget that “NO” Is a full sentence.
- Believe you can do everything.
- Love louder. This world is so incredibly difficult for so many and your short moment of love and kindness could give them and you something to hold on to. In the end, everything matters.
- If you fall seven times, get up eight.
- Only good things.