Stuff to remember in 2023 (and beyond):
- What’s for you… never misses. Read that again. What is for you… never misses. I believe the universe is always working for us. Everything is either an incredible opportunity or a lesson to be learnt.
- It’s just like this for now. Whether it’s exquisite or excruciating, it is just like this for now. In fact, it will never not be like this now, whatever this is. The good news is nothing lasts forever, and the bad news is that nothing lasts forever. So if you love it, whatever it is, enjoy it because it is temporary. And if you don’t love it, be with it… because it is temporary. It’s just like this for now.
- You are enough. You are loved. You are wonderfully made. You are beautiful. You have purpose. You are a masterpiece. And there is a great plan for you. You are a future of multifarious possibility. You are the most beautiful being, who is so phenomenally strong. You are appreciated. You are good enough, and you are loved (yes, I repeated that one). You that you are enough, you don’t need to be anything more or do anything differently because you are perfect… just the way you are.
- Don’t focus on what’s missing; look at what you actually have. Start your day with an “I get to” attitude instead of “I have to” thought process. Saying ”I get to” instead of “I have to” helps you remember that these are opportunities you would miss if they were gone. It’s a simple change that can remind you to be thankful and happy throughout your day for the things you normally take for granted.
- The way you see the world depends on how you look at it. You see, the way you think and feel about yourself, including your beliefs and expectations about what is possible for you, determines everything that happens to you. When you change the quality of your thinking, you change the quality of your life, sometimes instantly.
- Be kinder than necessary. Always. Everyone is fighting in a fight club you know nothing about… because we don’t talk about fight club. And even though you cannot be responsible for someone else’s feelings, perspective on life or self-esteem, do not contribute to their struggle. We rise by lifting others. So deep breaths. Good thoughts. Love in the loudest way possible. And kindness… lots and lots of kindness.
- Be brave even if you’re not; pretend to be. No one can tell the difference. If you’re feeling frightened about what comes next… don’t. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness. Don’t waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present – each moment as it comes – because you’ll never get another one quite like it.
- Life is short. Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right and forget about those who don’t. And even though you might not see it, or believe it right now… know that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. We need to forcibly take hold of our lives. We need to seize everything it offers… including the tears, the anger and loss, but most of all, the good things! The laughter, the happiness and all the love. Just seize life. Because it is fleeting and it is fickle, and no one, not me or anyone I know, has another day, let alone another second promised to them.
- Learn to love louder. Love everything louder. Actually, love the loudest!!! “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”. Remember that!
- Focus on the good things! Be too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful and too determined to be defeated! Watch more sunrises. Stop doing shit you hate. Believe in yourself. Do what feels good. Take risks. Make yourself proud. Create a life that makes you happy. Love your body more. Hang with awesome peeps. Throw toxic in the trash. Smash some goals. Walk barefoot. Share your magic. Be freaking brave. Love louder. Flaunt your awesome. Be kinder to yourself. Be a nice human. Give assholes the boot. Be the reason someone smiles today.
And remember to do everything with love. Cause that’s all that matters… just love.